DOWSIL™ 798 Cold and Cleanroom Silicone Sealant is a high-performance, one-part silicone adhesive sealant that is specially designed for use in cleanrooms and other critical environments.
Features & Benefits
Here are some key features and benefits of this product:
- Low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC): It has low VOC content, making it suitable for use in cleanroom environments.
- Non-Corrosive: This sealant is non-corrosive to most metals, plastics, and painted surfaces, which makes it ideal for use in a variety of applications.
- Temperature Resistance: It has excellent resistance to extreme temperatures, making it suitable for use in high-temperature applications.
- Easy to Apply: This sealant is easy to apply and has excellent adhesion to most surfaces without the need for primers.
- Low Odor: DOWSIL™ 798 has a low odor, making it suitable for use in confined spaces.
- High Durability: This sealant is highly durable and can withstand weathering, aging, and UV exposure.
- Versatile: DOWSIL™ 798 can be used for sealing and bonding a wide range of substrates, including glass, metals, plastics, and ceramics.
- Meets Industry Standards: This product meets the requirements of several industry standards, including ISO 11600 F&G 25LM, ISO 846, and MIL-A-46106A.
- Cleanrooms: DOWSIL™ 798 can be used to seal and bond materials in cleanrooms, including sealing wall and ceiling joints, and sealing around door frames and windows.
- Food Processing Facilities: This sealant can be used in food processing facilities for sealing and bonding surfaces, as it meets the requirements of FDA Regulation 21 CFR 177.2600.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: DOWSIL™ 798 is suitable for use in pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities, where a high-performance sealant is required for critical applications.
- HVAC Systems: This sealant can be used to seal and bond HVAC systems, including ductwork, air handlers, and other equipment.
- Electronics Manufacturing: DOWSIL™ 798 is suitable for use in electronics manufacturing, where a high-performance sealant is required to protect sensitive electronic equipment from moisture, dust, and other contaminants.
How to Use
Here are some general guidelines on how to use DOWSIL™ 798 Cold and Cleanroom Silicone Sealant:
- Surface Preparation: Surfaces should be clean, dry, and free of dust, grease, and other contaminants. If necessary, clean surfaces with a suitable solvent, such as isopropyl alcohol.
- Application: Cut the nozzle to the desired size and apply the sealant in a continuous bead, ensuring that the sealant is in contact with both surfaces to be sealed. Tool the sealant immediately after application to ensure that it fills all gaps and voids.
- Curing: DOWSIL™ 798 Cold and Cleanroom Silicone Sealant is a one-part, moisture-curing sealant. It cures at room temperature and requires moisture in the air to cure. The cure time will depend on the ambient temperature, humidity, and depth of the sealant. In general, the sealant will form a skin in 10-20 minutes and will cure to a depth of 3mm in 24 hours.
- Clean-up: DOWSIL™ 798 Cold and Cleanroom Silicone Sealant can be cleaned up with a suitable solvent, such as isopropyl alcohol, before it cures. After it has cured, the sealant can be removed mechanically.
- Storage: Store DOWSIL™ 798 Cold and Cleanroom Silicone Sealant in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Do not store the sealant at temperatures above 32°C.