7091 Adhesive Sealant is a high-performance, one-component adhesive and sealant that provides excellent bonding and sealing properties. It is typically used in construction, automotive, marine, and industrial applications where a strong, flexible bond is required. The product is formulated with a moisture-curing technology that allows it to cure quickly and form a tough, durable bond. It can be used on a variety of surfaces, including metal, glass, plastic, and painted surfaces, and provides excellent adhesion even in harsh environments.
Features & Benefits
- 7091 Adhesive Sealant has good resistance to water, chemicals, and UV radiation, making it suitable for outdoor applications.
- It also maintains its flexibility over a wide temperature range, which allows it to withstand thermal expansion and contraction.
- It is easy to apply and can be tooled and smoothed with minimal effort.
- It can be used for a variety of applications, such as bonding and sealing seams, joints, and gaps in construction, automotive, and industrial settings.
- It is available in a variety of colors, including black, white, gray, and clear, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- It comes in cartridges, tubes, and bulk packaging, depending on the specific needs of the user.
- Automotive: DOWSIL™ 7091 is ideal for use in automotive applications such as bonding and sealing car components, including windshields, sunroofs, and windows. Its high strength and flexibility make it suitable for use in harsh environments where extreme temperatures and vibrations are common.
- Construction: DOWSIL™ 7091 is also used in the construction industry for sealing and bonding applications. It can be used to seal joints and gaps in various construction materials such as concrete, metal, and glass. It is also suitable for bonding metal panels, roofing sheets, and other construction materials.
- Electronics: DOWSIL™ 7091 is commonly used in electronic applications as well. Its excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates makes it suitable for sealing and bonding electronics components and devices. It is also used for sealing and bonding various types of sensors, connectors, and enclosures.
Useful Temperature Ranges
- The useful temperature range of a 7091 adhesive sealant will depend on the specific type of sealant and its composition. In general, however, most adhesive sealants have a useful temperature range that is specified by the manufacturer.
- Silicone sealants: These typically have a useful temperature range of -60°C to 200°C (-76°F to 392°F). Some high-temperature silicone sealants can withstand even higher temperatures.
- Polyurethane sealants: These typically have a useful temperature range of -40°C to 90°C (-40°F to 194°F). Some high-temperature polyurethane sealants can withstand temperatures up to 150°C (302°F).
- Acrylic sealants: These typically have a useful temperature range of -20°C to 80°C (-4°F to 176°F). Some high-temperature acrylic sealants can withstand temperatures up to 120°C (248°F).
- Butyl sealants: These typically have a useful temperature range of -40°C to 90°C (-40°F to 194°F).
- Epoxy sealants: These typically have a useful temperature range of -40°C to 120°C (-40°F to 248°F). Some high-temperature epoxy sealants can withstand temperatures up to 150°C (302°F).
Usable Life and Storage
This product has a 12-month shelf life from the date of manufacture when kept in its original, unopened containers at or below 30°C (86°F).
- Substrate compatibility: DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant is not recommended for use with certain substrates, such as certain plastics and some metals, without proper surface preparation or priming. It's important to ensure that the substrates are compatible and properly prepared before using the adhesive.
- Cure time: The curing time for this adhesive can vary based on environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity. It can take up to 24 hours to fully cure, so it's important to allow enough time for the adhesive to cure before subjecting it to stress or load.
- Joint movement: While DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant has some flexibility, it is not recommended for applications where large joint movements are expected. If joint movement is anticipated, a more flexible adhesive may be necessary.
- Paintability: While DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant can be painted over, it may require a primer and testing to ensure compatibility with the paint system being used.